MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty
This document sets out the terms and exclusions of the MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty for new MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® products sold to consumers worldwide (excluding the USA and Canada).
Who offers the MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty?
Micro-Tech™ by TEMPUR® products (excluding the USA and Canada) are provided by Dan-Foam ApS (“Dan-Foam Aps”), a company incorporated in Denmark under company registration number DK-24209709. Registered office address: Holmelund 43, 5560 Aarup, Denmark. Dan-Foam ApS is a subsidiary of Tempur-Sealy International, Inc.
What is covered?
Dan-Foam Aps warrants that all new and genuine MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® products are free from material defects due to faulty workmanship or materials for the applicable warranty period (see section - For how long?) unless the product is specifically excluded or an exclusion applies (see section - Exclusions).
For how long?
The MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty lasts for the period displayed on or inside the packaging of the relevant product or as stated below, starting from the date of purchase (except where the product is an ex-display or demonstration model in which case the warranty starts from the date of manufacture).
|Product||Product Warranty||What's covered?|
|MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Mattress (Micro-Tech™ & Micro-Tech™ Hybrid Models)||7 years||Material defects due to faulty workmanship or materials, or changes which cause a visible indentation more than 2cm in the TEMPUR® material.|
|Pillow||2 years||Material defects due to faulty workmanship or materials.|
|Bed Bases, Bed Frames & Headboards||2 years||Material defects due to faulty workmanship or materials.|
|Cover||2 years||Material defects due to faulty workmanship or materials.|
What will we do?
Where a valid claim is made in accordance with this MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty, the Manufacturer shall offer, at its choice, either to repair the defective product or provide an equivalent replacement product free of charge.
The Manufacturer will refund the reasonable delivery cost of returning a defective product for repair or replacement so long as the claim is valid under the terms of this MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty and the product is returned from an address within the same country as the authorised retailer the product was purchased from. The repaired or replacement product will be delivered free of charge to an address within the same country as the authorised retailer the product was purchased from. In all other circumstances, any delivery costs associated with any repairs or replacements are the purchaser's responsibility.
In the event of replacement, the Manufacturer shall endeavour to provide a replacement product from the same line. However, if the product line has been discontinued or the product is otherwise not available, the Manufacturer reserves the right to provide a replacement product that, in the Manufacturer’s sole discretion, is similar to the defective product.
The MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty provides cover from the date of purchase (or date of manufacture in the case of ex-display/demonstration products) of the original product. It is not renewed on the provision of a repaired or replaced product. In these circumstances, the MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty will run for the remainder of the period starting from the original purchase or manufacture date, as applicable.
The MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty does not apply if:
- the product has been purchased used, second hand or from anyone other than an authorised retailer or directly from Dan Foam Aps. A list of authorised retailers is available at tempur.com/microtech
- the process for making a claim under the MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty (set out under the heading "How do you claim under the MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty?" below) has not been correctly followed.
- the product has not been used and/or handled with due care and/or in accordance with the instructions of use, cleanliness and maintenance available at tempur.com/microtech
- the product has been deliberately damaged or damaged as a result of neglect, cuts, burns, flooding or any other improper use by you or by any third party.
- the defect is caused as a result of the product having been bent, squeezed or exposed to cold temperatures for a period of time causing the material to tear or permanently deform.
- the product has been wet or soaked against Dan Foam Aps’ recommendations.
- the product is found to be very stained, soiled and/or otherwise unhygienic.
- the product has been altered or repaired without Dan Foam Aps’ prior permission.
- adjustable bed bases has been overloaded or misused against the Manufacturer's weight restrictions.
- the defect is the result of normal wear and tear.
- zips on the cover of MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Products, unless faulty upon receipt of product.
- for mattresses, the defect or change in the product is only a minor variation or normal change which does not affect the pressure redistributing properties of the product.
How do you claim under the MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty?
To claim under the MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty you must:
- Contact the authorised retailer you originally purchased the product from (the “Seller”). If the Seller is either no longer in business or is no longer a MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® authorised retailer, please contact the Manufacturer.
- Present the original invoice or sales receipt as evidence of the purchase.
- Have correctly completed the MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty certificate given to you at the time of purchase or the online form available at warranty.tempur.com. Please register your MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty as soon as possible after your purchase.
- Return the product to the Seller or to the Manufacturer (but only if the Manufacturer has requested the product). If the Manufacturer determines that the claim is valid in accordance with the terms of this MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty, you will be refunded the reasonable delivery costs for the returning the defective product so long as the product has been returned from an address within the same country as the Seller.
Micro-Tech™ by TEMPUR® products comply with applicable mandatory safety standards, which may vary depending on the product or the region. Further information is available upon request.
|Mattresses||EN 597-1 (Cigarette Test)||Pillows||EN/ISO 12952-1 (Cigarette test)|
Our liability to you
The liability of the Manufacturer is limited to the cost of repair and/or replacement of the product under the MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty. Accordingly, the Manufacturer will not be liable for all other liability for loss or damage howsoever caused arising out of the purchase, possession, sale or use of the products. However, the Manufacturer does not exclude or limit in any way its liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
The products are only sold for domestic and private use. The Manufacturer has no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Your legal rights
The MICRO-TECH™ BY TEMPUR® Warranty does not affect a consumer’s statutory rights under applicable law but aims to enhance the consumer’s rights where applicable.